[Monitoring] The vendor link that was used by Digital signage, Housing, and IAT has been restored and all services have been fully brought back online. The IOC will continue to monitor the issue for the time being and any additional issues should be relayed to the IOC.
October 21, 2021 10:17AM EDT
[Identified] IAM staff have made progress for the IAT service but are still working with the vendor to fully resolve this problem. If you have questions or concerns, please file a ticket via services.gatech.edu
October 20, 2021 12:47PM EDT
[Investigating] Employees using iat.gatech.edu may see performance issues. We are seeing logins to IAT.gatech.edu working, but some queries may be very slow as connectivity to cloud apis are impaired. IAM is investigating. Some users may see API error.
On September 21st, OIT will be upgrading Github-Research and IT-Github to 3.1.7 and turning on GitHub Actions for the Github-Research instance. OIT will not be providing self-hosted runners at the Enterprise level, and these should be created as needed for organizations and repositories within this instance. Please make sure any work is saved prior to the outage. If you have any questions or concerns, please submit a request at https://services.gatech.edu.
On September 28th, OIT will be upgrading Github to 3.1.7 and enabling GitHub Actions. OIT will not be providing self-hosted runners at the Enterprise level, and these should be created as needed for organizations and repositories within this instance. Please make sure any work is saved prior to the outage. If there are any issues after this change, please contact as at email@example.com.
Network Services will be rebooting a border firewall appliance to correct an error condition. As as it is part of a High Availability pair, no downtime is anticipated, though some services may experience a brief interruption. CHG0026208
Network Services will rebooting a unit of the East Interconnect departmental firewall pair to correct an error condition. As this is a High Availability pair, no downtime is anticipated, though some services may experience a brief interruption. CHG0026210
Beginning November 2nd, users who are part of the csr role will no longer be able to use AnyConnect and should migrate to GlobalProtect. This change will affect users who are part of the 'csr' role. More information can be found in our Getting Started guide, KB0026837 https://b.gatech.edu/3zD8r9j
More information about the schedule and scope can be found in our Sunset AnyConnect article, KB0028270. https://b.gatech.edu/2Zo5y0a
November 3, 2021 5:50AM - November 5, 2021 11:59PM EDT
As previously announced, our next PACE maintenance period is scheduled to begin at 6:00 AM on Wednesday, November 3, and end at 11:59 PM on Friday, November 5. As usual, jobs that request durations that would extend into the maintenance period will be held by the scheduler to run after maintenance is complete. During the maintenance window, access to all PACE-managed computational and storage resources will be unavailable. This includes Phoenix, Hive, Firebird, PACE-ICE, COC-ICE, and Buzzard.
Please see below for a tentative list of activities:
ITEMS REQUIRING USER ACTION:
• TensorFlow upgrade due to security vulnerability. PACE will retire older versions of TensorFlow, and researchers should shift to using the new module. We also request that you replace any self-installed TensorFlow packages. Additional details and instructions will follow in a separate message.
ITEMS NOT REQUIRING USER ACTION:
• [Datacenter] Databank will clean the water cooling tower, requiring that all PACE compute nodes be powered off.
• [System] Operating system patch installs
• [Storage/Phoenix] Lustre controller firmware and other upgrades
• [Storage/Phoenix] Lustre scratch upgrade and expansion
• [System] System configuration management updates
• [System] Updates to NVIDIA drivers and libraries
• [System] Upgrade some PACE infrastructure nodes to RHEL 7.9
• [System] Reorder group file
• [Headnode/COC-ICE] Configure c-group controls on COC-ICE headnode
• [Scheduler/Hive] separate Torque & Moab servers to improve scheduler reliability
• [Network] update ethernet switch firmware
• [Network] update IP addresses of switches in BCDC
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
-The PACE Team
Welcome to Georgia Tech's IT Service Status Page
Don't see your issue posted here? Let us know!
Enterprise Service Desk
Location: Atlanta Campus, Clough Building Room 215