WHAT IS HAPPENING?
On Thursday, September 20 at 8:00 PM - 12 AM, the Web Hosting Team will be performing the following maintenance items to the web hosting platform, Plesk. CRs - CHG0012175, CHG0012125, CHG0012176 :
· Upgrade the RAM on all Plesk servers
· Enable the hot memory parameter on all Plesk servers
· Install mod-ldap on all Plesk Servers
· Fcgid tuning on Plesk 21 (only)
These updates will restart the server and Apache. This means the websites may be down for a short time.
We will have another maintenance to repeat the Fcgid tuning on the remaining servers before the end of September.
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?
These changes will re-mediate the following issues that are currently being experienced:
· A website is not loading and "500 internal server error" is being shown after ~30-60 seconds.
· Increasing performance on the new servers
· Allowing ldap for securing directories
WHO IS AFFECTED BY THIS CHANGE?
All sites on the following Plesk Servers
WHEN IS IT HAPPENING?
Thursday, September 20 at 8:00 PM until 12 AM
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
There is no action you take.
WHAT IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS?
If there are any issues after this change, please contact the Technical Support Center (TSC) at 404-894-7173 or email@example.com
and reference "Plesk Fcgid change". You can also submit a ticket from hosting.gatech.edu.
Sep 19, 15:58 EDT