SUBJECT: Plesk Web Hosting Service Upgrade
WHAT IS HAPPENING?
Starting Saturday, August 11 at 8:00 PM , we will be upgrading our current version of Plesk.
The current version of Plesk will be End of Life on January 1, 2019. We will be transferring all hosted sites to new servers running the supported version of the Plesk application.
• All sites will move from their current server to a new server. The new server name will be appended with a "2" before. For example: if your site is currently hosted on web-plesk1 it will reside on web-plesk21 after the transfer.
• You will see and have access to the Plesk panel for your exiting site from hosting.gatech.edu after the transfer.
• Your site may have a brief outage during this period as it is transferred.
• Existing Plesk backups will not be moved. Please download a local archive of any backup files you wish to keep.
• Hosting.gatech.edu website will be replaced during this maintenance window. Edits to Plesk customer records (adding/removing owners and admins) will be frozen for 24 hours before the maintenance window.
If you have a site that is no longer needed on Plesk, please let us know if it can be removed by sending your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
. This will help clean up the system as well as speed up the process.
WHO IS AFFECTED BY THIS INTERRUPTION?
This change will impact:
• All websites hosted off web-plesk1 through web-plesk 12, web-gtri2
• There may be a brief outage during this window as sites are transferred.
WHEN IS IT HAPPENING?
This change will take effect between Saturday August 11, 2018 from 8 P.M. and Sunday August 12, 2018 02:00 P.M.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO WHEN THE SYSTEM IS AVAILABLE AGAIN?
After the upgrade:
• You will need to set up a new backup schedule for your site after the transfer. Existing Plesk backups will not be moved. Please download a local archive of any backup files you wish to keep.
• If you manage the DNS records for your site, you will need to configure those entries to match your new hosting server. For OIT managed DNS, we will update records to the correct entry after the upgrade.
WHAT IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS?
If there are any issues after this change, please contact us at the OIT Technical Support Center (TSC) at 404-894-7173 or email@example.com
and reference Plesk Upgrade.
We will post this update on status.gatech.edu as well and it can be subscribed to for updates.
HOW CAN I FIND OUT MORE?https://faq.oit.gatech.edu/content/next-version-plesk-web-hosting
Jul 13, 09:25 EDT